|Administrative Assistant Available|
Contact Person:Murie Bennett
Deadline for Application:Jun 18th, 2019
The administrative and related support services in both engineering administration and client services, required to assist the company in performing its functions in the most efficient and effective manner.
1) Provide administrative support services as required in areas such as composition of routine correspondence, preparation of presentations, taking minutes at meetings, screening calls to the Engineering Manager as well as handling general enquiries
2) Manage diary/calendar for the Engineering Manager. Arrange, attend and coordinate meetings ( including off site meetings)
3) Manage incoming/outgoing correspondence
4) Provide excellent support and follow up on outstanding matters
5) Assist with the preparation, compilation and dissemination of monthly departmental and project progress report
6) Assist with the sale of tender documents, attend tender openings and maintain record of tenders received
7) Assist with the preparation, compilation and dissemination of tender evaluation reports
8) Arrange and coordinate local and overseas trips for the Engineering Manager and other engineering staff
9) Ensure that all correspondence received in the Engineering Manager’s office is filed in the appropriate manner
10) Follow up on all engineering matters where necessary
11) Prepare letters and memoranda on behalf of Engineering Manager
12) Prepare and dispatch all necessary engineering reports for meetings
13) Assist in preparation of Project Profiles.
14) Assist in procurement-related activities (ensuring these are in accordance with GOJ procedures)
15) Arrange and co-ordinate Site Meetings including recording and preparation of Minutes.
16) Undertake specific field/site activities as appropriate.
17) Assist in monitoring of project schedules and timelines.
18) Prepare and update Work Progress Reports based upon information received as well as personal site inspections.
19) Schedule procurement activities and provide status updates to Engineering Managing
20) Schedule tender openings and prepare tender reports for the procurement committee.
21) Assist in tender evaluation, including arithmetic and compliance checks
22) Submission of tender documents and tender reports to external approval bodies (National Contracts Commission).
23) Contact and liaise with consultants, contractors, suppliers, other vendors, Government departments and agencies and other stakeholders/partners regarding project-related activities.
24) Liaising with Engineers to ensure project scope, technical specifications, project rationale, cost estimate and implementation timeline for procurement are clearly defined.
25) Assist in the preparation of contracts/contract administration.
26) Assist with Office of the Contractor General (OCG)/National Contracts Commission (NCC) requests and related issues as well as quarterly OCG reports.
27) Take minutes for Projects meeting (Sub-committee of Board of Directors)
28) Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Engineering Manager.
1) A high level of accuracy and efficiency is evident
2) Confidentiality of information obtained in the performance of duties is maintained
3) Timeliness of reports and the quality of submissions
4) Maintenance of good professional relationship with other Rural Water Supply Limited employees
5) Adhere to Policies and Procedures of Rural Water Supply Limited
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
1) Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
2) Excellent English Language skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
3) Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
4) Superior client management skills
5) Strong organizational skills, flexibility under stressful circumstances and the ability to prioritize tasks
6) Excellent telephone etiquette
7) Professional, positive attitude and appearance
8) A willingness to take on new tasks and develop new skills
9) Work effectively and independently, utilizing initiative, tact and confidentiality
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
8:30a.m. – 5:00p.m. (Monday – Thursday)
8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m (Friday)
Ø May be required to work beyond normal working hours
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
2) Experience in a technical department is an asset
3) Minimum five (5) years’ experience.
4) Proficient in Advance Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Ability to use Microsoft Project is an asset
5) Ability to take minutes and dictation in shorthand/speedwriting
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Nature of Supervision Received: Periodic supervision to monitor work progress
Supervision given to:
a) Directly N/A
b) Indirectly N/A